Old 21-10-2012, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default bad experience with J.Parker bulbs

On 20/10/2012 22:45, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article ,
writes
Really disappointed with the customer service. My wife ordered £80 of
bulbs...they didn't turn up she and chased and chased. Eventually after
various excuses discovered the carrier had 'lost' them. (And BTW
telephone response is "We know the carrier is rubbish, this happens
all the
time."!) "Can you send a different way or a part order?" "Nope."
Eventually a refund...with a weak unsigned credit note.
Great plants but disappointing service. I think Parkers need to take
responsibility for their supply chain!

Had to order from Parker's about three weeks ago, still waiting but
haven't had too bad an experience with them in the past. Bulbs are often
small from them and not always what they were supposed to be but the
prices (in trade catalogue) are reasonable and just thought it worth
taking a chance.
Be interesting to see how soon they come!

On the other hand all praise to Wells and Winter from whom i ordered two
Darlac snips and plant labels and a pot maker. First got a parcel almost
by return with all but Darlac snips, and a handwritten note apologising
for delay in sending snips. Then one pair came followed by an effusively
apologetic note to say he had misread my order and I had wanted two so
he was sending the second set ASAP plus some twine etc. by way of an
apology!

Not only was note hand-written but it was also warmly received by me
-though there had been a delay I felt that he actually cared and wanted
to give a good service so I will be ordering from him again without a
doubt!!

I agree Janet, all companies have glitches, it is the way they handle
them that counts, to me, not the glitch itself.