Old 23-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Timothy

Default How to the pros create such nice edges in their beds?

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:28:39 +0000, Phisherman wrote:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:40:59 -0500, Kevin Miller
wrote:

How to the pros create such nice edges in their beds?

There are many ways. I use a weedeater turned so the string vertical and
walk backwards slowly. With a little practice you'll get professional
and sharp edge. No special edging equipment needed. (I leaned this
technique from an experienced Mexican gardener in LA.)

I too also do this, but the average gardener may find it a bit hard to
learn how to do it. I suggest that they learn somewhere in the back yard
where no-one can see 80)
People will also find that it's much eaiser to do with a straight shaft
string trimmer. When edging sidewalks and other concrete areas, they
should be on the concrete side. It's best to whip the crap out of the
concrete than the lawn. People should also expect to use a good deal of
string doing this. The smaller the string size the faster it goes.
--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com