Old 23-10-2012, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Grape variety recommends

On 2012-10-23 12:06:29 +0100, Emery Davis said:
snip

But I'd think the burgeoning group of English wine producers would be
the best source of information. IIRC Madeleine Angevine has been quite
successful, but I'm certainly not an expert on English wine, more's the
pity.

-E

One English winemaker (I forget which) has totally abandoned this
year's wine making.

So have the Dutch vineyards for the same reasons

I was recently in Jasnieres, which is the northernmost of the Loire
appellations, and tales were similarly disastrous. Many with no wine at
all, some with 10-20% crops. Lucky for crop loss insurance!

This was Chenin and Pinot d'Aunis, BTW.

-E