Old 23-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Carl Beyer

Default Koi is "surfing"

Thanks to everyone in that has helped me so far... My large (15") koi
has started a bizarre habit yesterday..

Basically, I have a Beckett 1600 powering a waterfall. The flow is too
much. After talking to beckett, I decided to put a T connector in line
underwater, to vent some of the pressure off. It increased the pond
circulation, reduces my aeratoin a bit (not a problem near asI can
tell). But now my big koi is playing around in the area of the relief
valve, "surfing" on the jet blast.

I just want to make sure this is normal, and not a sign of something
wrong. Fish seems very healthy. I have heard koi can be "playful"...

Thanks for any input

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com