Old 23-10-2012, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Diesel rotavator

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 20:27:44 +0200, Martin wrote:

It has a Kohler K301T engine.

I don't think the Kohler K301T is a diesel is it? I have a rotavator
with a Kohler engine and mine's certainly petrol.

It's a 4 stroke single cylinder air cooled 12 hp engine, that runs on
unleaded petrol ...

Depends what is fitted to Baz's particular rotovator. Seems as if various
petrol or diesel engines have been fitted (but perhaps not to his
particular model):

http://www.howardgem.webs.com/

Baz say's he has had it started, the procedure for that would be a give
away. It's a pretty damn well near impossible to pull start a diesel
without releasing the compression, spinning it up, dropping in the
compression and hoping the flywheel has enough inertia to take it through
compression and for it to fire. The presence, or not, of a spark plug is
also a big hint...

On parts and advice another place to ask might be
uk.rec.engines.stationary but it's very quiet in there.

--
Cheers
Dave.