Old 24-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Mitulove's Avatar
Mitulove Mitulove is offline
Registered User

Default Bug spray on sweet peas..whoops.

Hello,

Yesterday I saw that the poor mildew-infested perennial sweet peas I potted on and put in the conservatory were also covered in aphids. I took them outside and squirted them down with organic bug spray (the fatty acid sort). Then I had the bright idea of actually reading the bottle and it specifically says, 'not for use on sweet peas or begonias.' I can't tell yet if the sweet peas particularly care or not that I poisoned them. Does anyone know why the spray is not recommended? I find it odd since the bottle does say you can spray them on edible peas..