Old 24-10-2012, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Simple simon Simple simon is offline

Default Diesel rotavator

On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:27:23 PM UTC+1, Baz wrote:
Martin wrote in

:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:24:53 GMT, Baz wrote:

Confusion over I think.

It was bought new with a Kohler petrol engine, as it says on the

paperwork, and was later fitted with the Hatz diesel in the 70's so it

could use cheaper red diesel. I have never heard of any of the two

engine manufacturers before so it's very exciting really. The guy

still has the Kohler engine according to his son and that is mine too,

just have to find it and cart it home. What do you do with this?

I am tempted to restore this beautiful machine, but for now it is a

tool and it runs nicely, a bit rattly.

Baz

Thanks for making everything clear, Baz.

Good luck with your purchase and engines.

Well I have found tyres which I thought would be a bugger but not so.

Weather allowing it is going to be put to the test Sat. morning.

I will find somewhere to buy red deisel! VAT free.

Baz

Red has 5% VAT...........used to be much cheaper than it is now, but price was increased as so many people are using it in road going vehicles now.