Old 24-10-2012, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Diesel rotavator

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:43:50 -0700 (PDT), Simple simon wrote:

Red has 5% VAT...........

Are you sure? I thought the only stuff that attracted the 5% VAT rate was
"domestic fuel" be that electricity, gas, kerosene (28sec oil) or gas oil
(35sec oil not for road use, aka red diesel).

I'd expect red diesel for non domestic fuel use to attract 20% VAT.

... but price was increased as so many people are using it in road
going vehicles now.

Just don't get caught. B-) They impound the vehicle on the spot and
prosecute. There are "hidden" markers as well as the visible red dye, so
a tank dip is not just sticking a large pippette into the tank and
looking at the colour of the fuel, they also test for the hidden markers.
Also be aware that the hidden markers are not as easy as the dye to
remove.

--
Cheers
Dave.