Old 27-10-2012, 09:14 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.consumers.house
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Fences - Cats - DIY?

On Oct 27, 12:48*pm, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 10:55:24 -0700, "David E. Ross"

wrote:
On 10/27/12 9:35 AM, Bob F wrote:
dgk wrote:
On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:59:00 -0400, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

Gas Bag wrote:

She wants to stop her cats getting out, and other cats getting in.
To any cat "lovers" out there, my friend isn't getting rid of her
cats, nor is she trapping/baiting any of the cats in her suburb.

Anyone who cares about their cats doesn't let them out.

Like most absolute statements, that's nonsense. Cats enjoy being
outdoors and if we really care about our cats we want them to be
happy. Safe counts but so does happy.

And neighbor's love cat poop in their spinach.

Where I live, there are enough coyotes, owls, hawks, and even eagles to
keep outdoor cats to a minimum.

Outdoor cats are instinctively wise about avoiding preditors, after
all they themselves are natural preditors, the typical outdoor cat
will kill at least one bird every day. *However the vast majority of
outdoor cats have their lives shortened by vehicular traffic. *The
typical lifespan of an outdoor cat is under four years, indoors it's
more than fourteen years. *Feral cats would live longer except that
they lack vaccinations, their first conflict with a rabid critter
they're a goner.

*Domesticated cats don't live long outdoors, and they
are definitely not happier, only their moron owners are happy because
they don't need to buy and fuss with litter..

.. those morons don't take
the cat to a vet either, they also forget to feed them and when they
do it's the cheapest food they can find.

How do you know? Projecting...?

Throwing out baby with bathwater?

Bipolar?

HB