Old 27-10-2012, 04:37 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dalep dalep is offline

Default Over wintering petrol garden tools advice sought

On Saturday, October 20, 2012 10:05:18 AM UTC-6, Mark Heptonstal wrote:
Hello,

We have both a 4 stroke ride-on mower, and. 2 stroke combination

strimmer and hedge trimmer.

What is the best thing to do with them before they are left over

winter.

Drain fuel, then run until they stop? Is there any else that can be

done to help?

Best regards,

Mark

This is more important for the 4 stroke engines. The two stoke have some oil coating the parts. Definitely run the 4 stroke dry of fuel. I had the valve stick on my snow blower because of not running it dry. Not a huge fix, but a pain either way. Run the engine dry and then crank it several times to clear the air.

Dale