Old 27-10-2012, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Trevor Appleton Trevor Appleton is offline

Default Is keeping rabbits for the table OT here?

On 27/10/2012 16:15, David in Normandy wrote:
On 27/10/2012 16:09, Baz wrote:
I wondered because it is gardening, but perhaps not for this group.

Baz

My French neighbour rears rabbits for his table. He gave us a skinned
one once, can't say we were keen; the meat tasted quite strong.

40 years ago when I started driving (and staying out late at night
seeing irls), I knocked one down most nights on the way home. I chucked
it in the boot and my dad skinned it and my mother cooked it. Evereyon
around here (East Yorkshire) ate them in those days. (early 70's.