Old 27-10-2012, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bert bert is offline

Default Is keeping rabbits for the table OT here?

In message ,
writes
Ophelia wrote:
A friend used to raise rabbits for food. He said after eating the first
they almost gave up because it was terrible and bland. Then they realised
they had to leave it to mature for a while, and he is now a huge fan of
it.

D shoots the ones we get. I usually cook them (fresh) in a cream and
mushroom sauce No complaints around here

Rabbit was one of the last things I ate before going vegetarian. My dad sat
and picked the lead shot out of it before making a stew. I honestly can't
remember at all what it tasted like.

We gave up when Myxie came (1st time around). We do now use rabbit for
the dogs when we can get it, but it is surprising how difficult that is
--
bert