Old 27-10-2012, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Is keeping rabbits for the table OT here?

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 10/27/2012 1:51 PM, Ophelia wrote:
wrote
Ophelia wrote:
A friend used to raise rabbits for food. He said after eating the
first
they almost gave up because it was terrible and bland. Then they
realised
they had to leave it to mature for a while, and he is now a huge fan
of it.

D shoots the ones we get. I usually cook them (fresh) in a cream and
mushroom sauce No complaints around here

Rabbit was one of the last things I ate before going vegetarian. My dad
sat
and picked the lead shot out of it before making a stew. I honestly
can't
remember at all what it tasted like.

The lead shot or the rabbit? ;o) I am lucky in that D is good enough to
always shoot them through the head, so I have never had to deal with the
lead shot

That's the way my Granpa taught my uncles to shoot. If they weren't
certain of a clear shot to the head, they weren't to pull the trigger.

Indeed and one day I hope to be good enough.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/