Old 27-10-2012, 11:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mad Cow Mad Cow is offline

Default Down By the Dam-6527

In article , Bob Hobden
writes
I have a large Hedychium greenii which I am trying
to keep alive through the winter, too big for my little heated greenhouse,
yet you could easily grow it in your garden.

There's a couple down the street who have a heliotrope growing against
the front of their house. In summer it looks nice and smells lovely.
In winter it has a plastic cover and its own thermostatically-controlled
warming system, all home-built. I think they just enjoyed the technical
challenge.
--
Sue ];(