Old 28-10-2012, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Parrafin suppliers- North West

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 10:47:00 +0000, Gailey wrote:

... and my local heating oil suppliers don't sell it.

Well perhaps not BS2869 Class C1 but 28 sec heating oil (BS2869 Class C2)
is only marginally heavier. 28 sec heating oil will still work just might
be a bit smelly compared to "paraffin" produced for non-flued heaters.
The sulphur content of heating oil is higher but I doubt that is
particularly significant.

Heating oil is around 60p/l, minimum delivery from a heating oil supplier
is probably 500l though. You might be able to buy a smaller quantity if
you collect or find a neighbour with oil fired central heating?

--
Cheers
Dave.