Old 28-10-2012, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Parrafin suppliers- North West

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 19:30:56 +0000, David Hill wrote:

If you are going to look at alternatives then you can also get LPG gas
heaters with non electric thermostats that will run on gas from the
big Red cylinders,

For use outside make sure the heater will run on propane from red
cylinders. Butane (blue cylinders) won't vapourise once the cylinder temp
gets down to near freezing...

Also you are putting co2 into the greenhouse that will give you
improved crops.

And from oil, as well as water. Each kg of gas burnt produces around a kg
of water, I suspect oil will be similar.

Interesting you comment about sulphur and deadly to plants. TBH I don't
know but I do have vauge recollections of a dicussion in the last year or
so in here about that. I don't think it came to a firm conclusion though.

--
Cheers
Dave.