Old 29-10-2012, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Is keeping rabbits for the table OT here?

On 2012-10-29 14:38:31 +0000, "Ophelia" said:

"Baz" wrote in message

Well, I asked because I recently ate a very nice meal made by my
friends wife, of rabbit in gravy with mashed potatoes, cabbage and
carrots.sic. I loved it. I didn't know it was rabbit beforehand so it
was a bit of a surprise.
They have reared their own rabbits but I don't think they have done
it with their welfare as a number 1 priority. That pees me off.
I would like to breed some to use but only if I can look after them
properly, so I would like to hear some advice if anybody has some for
me.

For some reason I missed this so I was pleased to catch up. It is very
good to hear that you care about their welfare! Good for you!

What lead shot? I won't be shooting them in their pen. I don't even have
shotgun! I will be rearing them in my garden from 2 pregnant females at
first to see how I go. I need to know how to look aftem first.
Who is Mr McGregor?

Do keep us up to date with how it goes. btw I don't know who Mr McGregor
is either

--

Peter Rabbit? Beatrix Potter's creation. Mr McGregor is the gardener who
nearly catches Peter.

Ohhh THAT Mr McGregor!!!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/