Old 29-10-2012, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Is keeping rabbits for the table OT here?

On 2012-10-29 14:38:31 +0000, "Ophelia" said:

"Baz" wrote in message

Well, I asked because I recently ate a very nice meal made by my
friends wife, of rabbit in gravy with mashed potatoes, cabbage and
carrots.sic. I loved it. I didn't know it was rabbit beforehand so it
was a bit of a surprise.
They have reared their own rabbits but I don't think they have done
it with their welfare as a number 1 priority. That pees me off.
I would like to breed some to use but only if I can look after them
properly, so I would like to hear some advice if anybody has some for
me.

For some reason I missed this so I was pleased to catch up. It is
very good to hear that you care about their welfare! Good for you!

What lead shot? I won't be shooting them in their pen. I don't even
have a
shotgun! I will be rearing them in my garden from 2 pregnant females at
first to see how I go. I need to know how to look aftem first.
Who is Mr McGregor?

Do keep us up to date with how it goes. btw I don't know who Mr
McGregor is either

--

Peter Rabbit? Beatrix Potter's creation. Mr McGregor is the gardener
who nearly catches Peter.

Ohhh THAT Mr McGregor!!!

Peter disobeys his mother's orders and sneaks into Mr. McGregor's
garden, eating as many vegetables as he can before Mr. McGregor spots
him and chases him about. Peter manages to escape, but not before losing
his jacket and shoes, which Mr. McGregor uses to dress a scarecrow.
Peter returns home weary and ill and is put to bed with a dose of
chamomile tea.