Old 30-10-2012, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Is keeping rabbits for the table OT here?

David Hill wrote in
:

When I kept them they were in hutches in an old chicken shed which was
arouns 8ft x 6ft and 6ft high, they could then go out into the old
chicken run which was arouds 20ft square.
Looks as if the breed favoured now is the Newzeland White at £10 or so
each. Do remember thast you have to be able to kill the young when
ready for the table and to skin and clean them.
It helps to have a freezer so that when a batch are ready tou can kill
them all at the same time, remember each week that they are feeding
the more they are costing.
This link is worth reading
http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6803894_ra...ts-profit.html
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

Thanks, David.
I have found that I can't kill a rabbit and eat it.
That is the end of that idea I had.

Baz