Old 23-04-2003, 08:48 PM
Jon

Default Tomato Size?

x-no-archive: yes,On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:14:18 +0100, "Charlie"
wrote:

Ah good. I might bring them indoors for a bit and see how they do on a
sunny windowsill.

Charlie.

Charlie, I,ve got moneymaker 2-2.5 inches and Ailsa craig 4-5 inch.
Both sown about a month ago and they are in the house on a sunny
windowsill. Chillies are 2 inch and all look fine. A word of warning
though. I recently acquired a second greenhouse from a pal and decided
to plant out my wifes very healthy chilli plants that were about 12
inch high (god knows when she sowed them). Cue several nights of frost
and bye bye lots of plants. I am determined not to make the same
mistake again, so my tomatoes, chillies anf sweetcorn are not leaving
the house for another month. Meanwhile the greenhouses are producing
lots of radishes, rocket, lettuce, spinach and cabbage, beetroot,
coriander, aubergines and leeks for planting out.
Good luck,
Jonny (SE Scotland)