Old 23-04-2003, 08:48 PM
Jon

Default Potatos

Hi Tim, I'm in Scotland too (SE). I have some Duke of Yorks (bought)
and some King Edwards (saved from last year) through the ground. But I
am going to plant some more soon. They way I look at it is the the
later planted ones give me some "new" potatoes later in the year and
the earlier ones give me some main crop at the same time. Disease
aside they are pretty hardy and need very little work. I should add
that my main objective is some really nice tatties, not a huge crop.
Find some, anything, and whack 'em in and enjoy.
Jonny
x-no-archive: yes,On 22 Apr 2003 04:48:17 -0700,
(Tim) wrote:

Hello All....

A simple question this - are seed potatos as sold in garden centres
etc really any different to those purchased in supermarkets and left
in the bottom of the fridge for a few weeks? ie can I just plant one
that's 'gone to seed' as it were, and expect to get any sort of a crop
come the autumn?

I realise I'm probably a little late for this season, but we're in
Scotland, and the ground's only recently become workable.

Cheers and thanks in advance

Tim