Old 30-10-2012, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Is keeping rabbits for the table OT here?

On 30/10/2012 13:06, Baz wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message

Thanks, David.
I have found that I can't kill a rabbit and eat it.
That is the end of that idea I had.

I had started to ask that very question, but deleted it. I can't do
that either but D can and will - very humanly. When he shoots he
cleans the kill in the field and leaves the skin and guts for other
animals. I get presented with a bloody carcass in a poly bag. I
certainly understand your point.

I would have to wring the neck, that is not the same as shooting. Nowhere
near. I would have to pull that neck and I am not up to that.

Baz

Just hold it up by the back legs then a "Rabbit punch" behind the ears.
Simples.
A hell of a lot easier than killing chickens.