Old 30-10-2012, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Mowers

On Tuesday, 30 October 2012 09:43:41 UTC, Rob wrote:
My Honda HR216 is worn out. To get an equivalent spec I would have to

buy Hayter

http://www.hayter.co.uk/range/harrie...utodrive-es-vs.

Unfortunately my independent servicing guy says they dont match up to

Honda.

(Belt Drive/ Briggs engine etc.)

Anyone comment on Hayter ?

I would say the Honda quivalent is only worth considering if you really need the hydrostatic transmission - yes I know the ability to creep along on high revs is useful but ime mainly on bigger heavier machines.
So given that Hayters are good robust machines, Briggs engines are OK as far as I'm concerned and Harriers in various incarnations have been around a long time, you just have to decide if hydrostatic is worth the extra.

Rod