Old 30-10-2012, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Raking leaves

Higgs Boson wrote:

Those who don't receive Dave's Garden -- and those who do -- might
laugh (through their tears) at this calculation of the weight of
fallen leaves.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1920/

a compost pile is much better than burning them.

we don't have too many leaves here, but a friend
brings extra bags raked up from their yard for me
to use. it works out well for building up some low
spots and for digging into the clay.

gives the worms something to work on or if buried
deeply enough (in the heavy soil we have) it turns
into a form of peat that eventually i dig up and
mix throughout the garden soil.

songbird