Old 31-10-2012, 06:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default Raking leaves

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Higgs Boson wrote:
Those who don't receive Dave's Garden -- and those who do -- might
laugh (through their tears) at this calculation of the weight of
fallen leaves.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1920/

HB

This contained some new information for me, living in a land of mainly
evergreen trees I didn't imagine that there were places where leaf fall
was such a big event - assuming the estimate of a depth of 3ft is correct.

From having lived in an area (Southern Highlands) where there were only
deciduous trees where we lived (and lots of them) I'd say the claim of 3 ft
of fallen leaves is a crock.