Old 31-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:

I wouldn't even consider eating it. I had a bad experience a while ago by
eating a mushroom in my garden that I thought I'd identified as safe from
my book and got well told off on here, rightly so.
I was on the toilet for two days.
My mushrooms now come from the supermarket.
Tina

Thanks Tina - worry not - its worst fate would have been to be "souped"
then frozen.
Time then to get the wise to judge (:-)
I have read the dire warnings on the internet, you were lucky to escape with
just the
toilet effect not "the box they carry you off in" result !!

Pete
Don't be put off Tina, mushrooms affect different people in different ways, I can happily eat 'Yellow Stainers' but they upset the other half's tum, she thinks 'Honey Fungus' is the best thing since sliced bread rated only behind the 'Cep' and 'Chanterelle' but they upset me more than somewhat. My mate's wife cannot tolerate any mushroom at all even supermarket ones.