Old 31-10-2012, 10:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Raking leaves

David E. Ross wrote:
Even then, I have mounds of leaves on the patio and paths, sometimes
more than 2 ft high. These go every week into the green trash bin for
the county's composting program.

All of the above are leaves in my back yard from the ash tree.

In front, I allow the leaves from my oak, zelkova, and liquidambar to
accumulate on the lawn and in the shrub beds. The lawn is not grass;
it's Persicaria, a ground cover. The leaf mulch protects the ground
cover from occasional night frosts in winter. In the spring, the
Persicaria grows up through the leaves.

that last sounds very nice.

songbird