Old 31-10-2012, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rob Rob is offline

Default Mowers

On 31/10/2012 12:40, Baz wrote:
Rob wrote in :

Problem is:
The blade worked lose and chopped a lump of the internal rim of the
deckIt needs
a new battery, and grass box cover, The engine is burning oil and
whilst new rings might extend the life I'm told not for long. So it
might have to be new GXV160
All that adds up (£500 +) so I though I might as well go for new
!!

Oh yes. Worn out!
New rings and a rebore would always be better than just new rings, but in
your case with the damage, I think yes, time to move on.

Best of luck with what mower you choose.
Baz

Been an interesting thread, as usual morphing somewhere else. I was
giving consideration
the Hayter and whilst there are clearly posters here who have v.good
experiences
elsewhere on the net there are some pretty grimstories. I'm minded to
do without the stripes and go for the HRX 537 HZ. The question is what
is the right time "strike". Would January produce sales ?