Old 02-11-2012, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
The Original Jake The Original Jake is offline

Default Roundup weeding

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 13:36:12 +0100, Timothy Murphy
wrote:

I put Roundup on a big patch of weeds about 1 week ago,
but they are not dead yet.
Can I pull up the weeds now without losing the effect?

There will probably not be any effect. Roundup has added agents
(compared to pure Glyphosate) which speed up the effect of the
herbicide (these additions are one reason why many don't use Roundup)
and you will see results often within 24 hours or less. But Roundup
still needs drier weather than we've been having and the weeds need to
be actively growing. Mid-late September is generally the latest time
to apply.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.