Old 03-11-2012, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default oops (:-( - photo now here.

"Granity" wrote in message

-
I wouldn't even consider eating it. I had a bad experience a while ago
by
eating a mushroom in my garden that I thought I'd identified as safe
from
my book and got well told off on here, rightly so.
I was on the toilet for two days.
My mushrooms now come from the supermarket.
Tina-

Thanks Tina - worry not - its worst fate would have been to be "souped"

then frozen.
Time then to get the wise to judge (:-)
I have read the dire warnings on the internet, you were lucky to escape
with
just the
toilet effect not "the box they carry you off in" result !!

Pete

Don't be put off Tina, mushrooms affect different people in different
ways, I can happily eat 'Yellow Stainers' but they upset the other
half's tum, she thinks 'Honey Fungus' is the best thing since sliced
bread rated only behind the 'Cep' and 'Chanterelle' but they upset me
more than somewhat. My mate's wife cannot tolerate any mushroom at all
even supermarket ones.

I won't chance it again. Ever. I really thought it was safe from my book
and I was turned inside out. Never again will I try a mushroom from my
garden, not in a million years.