Old 23-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Chuck Gadd

Default SAE's for BBA

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 15:32:52 GMT, "Rick" wrote:

livebearers and one large pleco. They do a reasonable job of keeping the
algae under control. The SAE's are only good when they are small. They
quickly adapt to flake food and won't touch the algae.

My SAEs are cigar sized, and while they definitely are pigs for the
flake food, they keep the tank 100% clear of hair algae and BBA. For
a while I had my 75g and 46g tanks linked together on the same
filtration system. The 75g has SAEs, the 46g did not. After less
than a month, lots of BBA was present in the 46g. I moved the
infested plants over to the 75g, and the SAEs cleaned the plants
within 2 days.

I definitely don't starve them (they are in a tank with always-hungry
rainbowfish that I overfeed), but they clean BBA as good as the day I
got them.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua