Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Roundup weeding

On 03/11/2012 09:42, Baz wrote:
On Friday, November 2, 2012 12:36:12 PM UTC, Timothy Murphy wrote:
I put Roundup on a big patch of weeds about 1 week ago,

but they are not dead yet.

Can I pull up the weeds now without losing the effect?

Found this the other day:

http://www.naturalnews.com/035221_Ro...od_supply.html

This lot aRE scare mongering. I don't like Monsanto at all since their
way of encouraging overuse of Glyphosate and inadequate crop rotation is
responsible for the generation of new RoundUp Ready superweeds.

Seriously thinking of not using Roundup again now!

Definitely *DO NOT* use RoundUp(TM) unless you want to contribute to the
global monopolistic power of Monsanto and they "Gerritdownyernecks"
approach to GM foods. They are the bad guys.

But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater!

Generic glyphosate products are available widely and represent probably
the most environmentally friendly way of killing weeds provided that you
are not irrationally afraid of "chemicals".

Even digging them out by hand produces human wastes that have to be
disposed of at a sewage plant.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown