Old 03-11-2012, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ken Ken is offline

Default Roundup weeding

As I said I don't like Monsanto at all and you should *NOT* buy

RoundUp(TM) for precisely *THAT* reason. If you look back through the

urg and rec.garden archives you will find that I have been saying the

same thing ever since the GM controversy exploded.

Glyphosate is pretty benign - the wetting agents used in commercial

pesticide formulations are more dangerous.

--

Regards,

Martin Brown

As you seem to know better than those whose recent scientific study suggested very strongly that using Roundup may well result in serious health problems, I think it is clearly your duty to inform them they are wrong.

As to Monsanto the power of the $$$$ in the US has meant they have been able to get laws introduced which mean small holders face fines of up to $1 million, and or imprisonment, if they use anything other than products made by Monsanto and stipulated by law..........personally I would have though that alone would make most think twice about buying Monsanto products.