Old 04-11-2012, 02:29 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete[_9_] View Post
I won't chance it again. Ever. I really thought it was safe from my book
and I was turned inside out. Never again will I try a mushroom from my
garden, not in a million years.[/i][/color]

Agreed - after all a book is usually only one persons opinion,
not the most reliable source of life/death info.
I'm not sure I understand that comment. I can understand it in the context of, say, a commentary on historical or political events, but not in the context of a book attempting to convey scientific fact, such as the identifying features of different fungi. "Fly agaric are red with white spots" "well that may be your opinion - I think they are green"