Old 03-11-2012, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Roundup weeding

"Janet" wrote in message
In article , says...

I put Roundup on a big patch of weeds about 1 week ago,
but they are not dead yet.
Can I pull up the weeds now without losing the effect?

Read the label next time.

It's a translocated weedkiller, which means the weed has to be in
active growth to move the chemical from where it makes contact (the
leaves) to where it takes effect (the roots). Applying it in the dark
rainy cold days of November is a waste of money.

http://www.monsanto-ag.co.uk/content.../Roundup/Best%
20Practice/Weather%20Conditions.mspx

Janet

I got rid of some ferns by first cutting them right back then spraying the
new shoots with roundup. That did the job.

Bill