Old 23-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Koi is "surfing"

Carl, they like to play in water streams. It also gives them good exercise.
Unless he's gulping at the surface, he's just having fun!

Lee

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
Thanks to everyone in that has helped me so far... My large (15") koi
has started a bizarre habit yesterday..

Basically, I have a Beckett 1600 powering a waterfall. The flow is too
much. After talking to beckett, I decided to put a T connector in line
underwater, to vent some of the pressure off. It increased the pond
circulation, reduces my aeratoin a bit (not a problem near asI can
tell). But now my big koi is playing around in the area of the relief
valve, "surfing" on the jet blast.

I just want to make sure this is normal, and not a sign of something
wrong. Fish seems very healthy. I have heard koi can be "playful"...

Thanks for any input

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com