Old 04-11-2012, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default Using plastic tarpaulin to suppress weeds

In article , Martin
writes
This is sufficient to stop even persistent weeds regrowing, but is
soft enough to cut through with a trowel when you are ready to plant
pot-grown veg and fruit.

No it isn't I put 4 layers of whole newspapers over ground elder then
topped with soil, in the end it was about 2 foot higher than the path.
So I let it grow and went in UNDER the roots as they don't seem to be
deep growing and lifted the ground elder out. Actually it worked that
way but I can say covering ground elder doesn't work terribly well
--
Janet Tweedy