Old 04-11-2012, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default oops (:-( - photo now here.

"Pete" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I won't chance it again. Ever. I really thought it was safe from my book
and I was turned inside out. Never again will I try a mushroom from my
garden, not in a million years.

Agreed - after all a book is usually only one persons opinion,
not the most reliable source of life/death info.

Pete

Ain't that just the truth.
My mushroom books are now just for identification interest only. Not
whether they say they are safe to eat. It really is potentially fatal and I
was lucky to get away with being on the toilet for two days and not being in
a coffin.
They look so benign exactly like the good ones..or my one did anyway.
Tina