Old 05-11-2012, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default verbena bonariensis

In article , Tom Weaving
writes

hi everyone.

I'm looking for a little advice! About a month ago I took some Verbena
bonariensis cuttings. They are in 4cm cells in a tray and have been
un-covered, outside all the time. They seem to have taken well. Last
night we had our first frost and while the cuttings look ok, I was
wondering if there are any precautions I should take for the rest of the
winter? I dont have a greenhouse!
Any comments greatly recieved!

I would plant them into bigger pots on the basis that the smaller the
container the more likely they are to freeze in very cold weather. If
they have good root systems maybe even heel them ( plant them ) into
soil in a sheltered position until spring?

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph