Old 05-11-2012, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default oops (:-( - photo now here.

"Pete" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Ain't that just the truth.
My mushroom books are now just for identification interest only. Not
whether they say they are safe to eat. It really is potentially fatal and
I was lucky to get away with being on the toilet for two days and not
being in a coffin.
They look so benign exactly like the good ones..or my one did anyway.
Tina

Well, it is just a variety of food poisoning really-
most people have had the toilet experience from naughty chicken and fish.
Just that with the naughty fungi, the poison is a permanent resident and
can be more toxic.

Yes, it can be a death experience. Do Not Eat any fungi in your garden
unless you know what it is.