Old 06-11-2012, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Birds, lack of them.

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 13:37:30 GMT, Baz wrote:

Yesterday morning and this morning we have had quite hard frosts and it
occured to me that I have not heard a Thrush making that loud noise that
they do in these mornings. In fact, I can't remember seeing a bird this
autumn. Come to that, this year.

Baz

What, no Birds at all or just no Thrushes?

If it is none the I'm amazed but not seeing a Thrush I wouldn't be
surprised about. A couple usually visit our garden in the Spring but
because the Blackbirds bully them visits after that are rare until
about now.A thrush started to venture in again this week and has
returned frequently despite the Blackbirds regularly seeing it off.
The numbers of birds of various types around here seems reasonably
healthy at the moment, a relative commented during a phone call that
she could hear the chattering chorus in the background.

G.Harman