Old 06-11-2012, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Ever bought something you don't really need?

"Baz" wrote in message
"David WE Roberts" wrote in
:

Well, can always find a use :-)

I went into HomeBase to buy a light bulb and came out with two olive
trees. They were originally £19.99 each for a tall twig with a few
small branches at the top, which was a bit pricey.
However at £4.99 each they somehow levitated into my shopping trolley.

Of course, we already have a well established olive tree in a large
pot with a good crop of small green olives.
However we are planning to hard landscape most of the back garden so
there is always room for another pot, and there is the allotment, and
there are friends who don't have an olive tree yet.

However I absolutely did not set out to buy an olive tree, let alone
two.

Oh, I did get the light bulb.

Cheers

Dave R

I bought a Swiss army knife. How useless is that?
Went in for a curtain rail. At least we got the curtain rail.

Baz

I did once call into my local Golf shop to buy a scorecard holder but came
out with a new set of irons (duh)

Bill