Old 08-11-2012, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default First catch your rabbit

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Baz" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in
:

That recipe sounds like We have got to try it.

Nice one)

The last rabbits I cooked, I browned the meat fast and added chicken
stock and seasoning. Poached gently until tender.
Remove meat, add double cream and garlic to stock and boil to reduce.

When reduced (to give a nice thick sauce) add meat to heat through.
Serve with new potatoes and tiny peas!

Oh. erm chicken stock?
That sounds to me like you don't like rabbit. LOL chicken stock. I have
heard it all now. A cube?...

cheeky) No I always have real chicken stock on hand ... made by me!!!

I don't get enough rabbit to keep rabbit stock on hand so I use chicken as
next best thing Actually I often cook pork slices/chops the same way.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

The Dutch used 'Roof Rabbit' during the war when food was scarce.

Mike