Old 08-11-2012, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Pesky Collared Doves

On 08/11/2012 19:23, Johno wrote:
I have a plague of the blasted things, managing to keep them from my chicken food but would welcome suggestions as to how to keep them off my bird table and wild bird feeders.
Seriously tempted to borrow the neighbours .22!

Any thoughts/comments/ideas

Sorry no idea unless you can get hold of a sparrow hawk or a kestrel, I
don't know if a dummy one would work, but might also scare off your
other birds.
I remember the excitement in the 50's when they first appeared, we lived
in Hastings then and saw our first in 56 or 57, little did we know how
they would spread.
David @ the drying end of Swansea Bay