Old 09-11-2012, 03:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_6_] David Rance[_6_] is offline

Default Bloms Bloody Bulbs

On 2012-11-08 17:27:16 +0000, said:

In article ,
Dave Poole wrote:

Well, some other posters, yes. You might have a job competing with
me. I was not actually one of the people who promoted the initial
call from the group, though.
Hmmm. How long ago was that Nick? I 'joined' in '95 or '96 (I
think) it w
as certainly a year or two before I 'discovered' Hill House ... and that wa
s in '97. The only reason why I don't post much now is because of the spat
s here always caused by the same trouble-makers. Every so often I look in a
nd yet another row is on the go and firmly in the centre is old gobby from
the I.O.W. and his sour cronies.

I can't remember! Within a few weeks of it starting, anyway.
According to Google groups, it started in mid-July 1995, and
I remember reading but not having time to post for a bit after
that. The first hit it finds from me is 30th September 1995,
but I can't read that one.

To answer someone else's question, I was using msgs, just as I
had been for several years for other, work-related groups.

Both of you - and others, of course - were certainly here when I first
joined. So, for example, were Cormac and Jane Ransom.

I got my first Internet account in 1995 and my first posting to this
group was in 1996 or possibly 1995. I didn't realise at the time how new
urg was. And I remember two people that replied to my first posting:
Nick Maclaren and Alan Holmes! Can't seem to find that message now.

David

http://rance.org.uk