Old 09-11-2012, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_6_] Ophelia[_6_] is offline

Default First catch your rabbit

"Baz" wrote in message

I just don't get the stock thing. Why does a dish need stock?

I like it because it gives extra flavour and nourishment ... to me anyway

I think cooking very slowly(with any meat) does fine.
I use stock in soups only, not that i'm much of a chef.
Cooking slowly with a slow cooker is what we do in winter in our house
and a bit of shin beef(if you can get it) is THE very tastiest and very
cheap to buy.

I do pretty much the same, but I use stock, red wine, garlic and tomato
(sometimes paste sometimes chopped tinned) depending on how I feel on the
day I cooked some just yesterday! Today I will decide what to do with
it. I might make a beef and onion pie or I might add veggies and a suet
crust (one of D's favourites), or even suet dumplings. We don't like curry
or spicy food but I know it is good for that too.

Thats why my OH uses it for curries, so tender. She has
Syrian blood, so my children have, and they all loved it too when they
were growing up.

Ahh what you enjoy when growing up is often a favourite and it sounds like
she makes a jolly good curry

My grandchildren are, erm,undecided.

)

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/