Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default To rake or not to rake (leaves)

In article , Martin Brown
writes
Almost all tree leaves are very slow to decompose. I keep my green
wheelie bin for the purpose of composting one batch every year. At the
end of the first year they get tipped out into an ordinary black
plastic bin and at the end of two or three they are perfect leaf mould.

I have mostly beech and oak leaves.

Oh that's what i do!! Great minds and all that!

i have a wheelie bin i bought so i could put paper in it but the council
won't collect from anything other than the black boxes so it's spare.

I wondered if i ought to drill holes in the bottom though for the water?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph