Old 10-11-2012, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Washout

Well the last 24 hours have brought us yet another 1 inch of rain.
I wish I could cover the whole place with one large poly tunnel, but
even if I could The run off would cause such a problem.
Just one inch of rain would give 22 611 gallons, so our annual rainfall
of over 80 inches would give us getting over 1 3/4 million gallons.
So my 3 acres I get around 5 1/2 million gallons a year, and some of you
wonder why I say we are wet here at my end of Swansea bay.
David