Old 11-11-2012, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Bird boxes

On 11/11/2012 19:43, shazzbat wrote:
"stuart noble" wrote in message
On 11/11/2012 17:43, David Hill wrote:

http://www.gardenersworld.com/win/wi...rd-box/76.html

Interesting. Several things on that site I could make. I thought the
angle
steel top was a bit over the top as it were. I may well do the plant
pot
bird house though, and some knobs.

Steve

At almost £52 each, I think the price is way way OTT

I quite agree, but I'm going to have a go at the flowerpot nest box.

Not very elegant, and I can't see the bolt and wing nut arrangement
working very well in practice

I think the answer to that is to use a length of studding, fixed to a board,
with a nut and big washer securing the plant pot to the board, then the wing
nut at the end, and fix the board to your wall/tree/whatever.

Steve

You could always put a smaller circle of ply in the bottom of the pot to
take the bolt that holds the outer disc, and screw the pot to the wall,
tree or what ever through the base plate and through the centre hole in
the base of the pot.