Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Pesky Collared Doves

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , Johno
writes
On Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:20:43 PM UTC, Malcolm wrote:
In article ,

Johno writes

Seems like I am stuck with the blighters, not too keen on the

Sparrowhawk idea, they are not fussy about the birds they take!

Keeping them off the chicken feed was easy, I have made a covered

feeding station that works perfectly.

It is the hanging feeders and bird table that are plagued by them.

.22 idea is too risky, perhaps a blowpipe :-)

Shooting Sparrowhawks by whatever means is illegal!

Who mentioned shooting Sparrowhawks???? Shooting Collared Doves yes,
Sparrowhawks NO!

Read what you wrtote.

--
Malcolm

Interpret what you read, correctly. He didn't like the idea of Sparrow
hawks killing the
Doves so thought a .22 might do the trick

Bill